Kvalvika seaside and Ryten, Lofoten are two of the most well-liked locations in the entire of Lofoten. Located inside Lofotodden Nationwide Park, this totally stunning space is among the greatest locations for tenting in Lofoten and likewise one of many best hikes in Lofoten.
When you’ll nonetheless should earn your views right here, there are not any sections which can be tremendous steep with publicity in contrast to among the different hikes in Lofoten similar to Reinebringen and Fløya and Djevelporten.
Ryten is the mountain that sits to the hiker’s proper of Kvalvika seaside. It provides the very best views of Kvalvika seaside’s turquoise waters and golden sand.
Once we hiked to Ryten in November, we didn’t go all the way in which all the way down to Kvalvika seaside and as a substitute went as much as Ryten after which throughout to Middagstinden peak for much more stunning views.
For those who’re visiting Lofoten and searching for an attractive hike then take a look at this information to the Ryten hike in Lofoten and Kvalvika Seashore.
Learn extra: What you need to know earlier than going to Lofoten
Tips on how to get to the Ryten Lofoten and Kvalvika Seashore trailhead
The trailhead for the Ryten and Kvalvika hike is situated in Fredvang.
Since this hike and the seaside get so busy in the course of the summer season, there are some reasonably strict parking guidelines.
You’ll discover a massive parking zone by looking out “Ryten trailhead” in Google Maps. It’s proper subsequent to the Peat Museum. Parking right here prices 100 NOK and so they have washrooms and ingesting water obtainable.
You both pay on to the particular person on the window as you drive in. Or, if there’s nobody there you should put your parking charge in one of many supplied envelopes and put up it within the mailboxes within the parking zone. You want precise money for this or you may pay by VIPPS.
For those who’re solely mountaineering to Kvalvika seaside you can begin from one other location as proven here on AllTrails.
AllTrails jest moim ulubionym aplikacja alpinistyczna do lokalizowania, planowania i nawigacji, gdy jestem na szlakach. Z mapami offline na AllTrails+, you may be assured you’re nonetheless heading in the right direction, even with out cell sign.
What to know earlier than doing the Ryten and Kvalvika seaside, Norway
- All the time apply depart no hint ethics. Unsure what these are? Więcej informacji tutaj.
- Pamiętaj, aby szanować teren, otoczenie i różnych klientów podczas zabawy na ścieżkach.
- Observe the three Ts—journey planning, coaching, and taking the necessities.
- Nie wychodź z domu bez 10 niezbędnych rzeczy. Mogą uratować ci życie!
- Nie schodź ze ścieżki - Powoduje to uszkodzenie otoczenia, które może być bardzo delikatne i skutkuje zamknięciem ścieżek.
- Dowiedz się więcej na temat Kodeks postępowania na Lofotach to minimise your influence.
- You can’t use a drone in Lofotodden Nationwide Park: this implies no drones at Ryten and Kvalvika seaside Lofoten.
Kvalvika seaside hike
Kvalvika seaside is among the greatest seashores in Lofoten, so it’s simple to see why it might get so busy.
Ranging from the parking zone by the Peat Museum, you’ll head to the rear of the lot the place the path begins.
The hike begins by strolling over a collection of boardwalks.
Stick with the boardwalks each to guard the setting and hold your ft dry!
There are a number of passing factors the place you need to wait if somebody is coming the opposite method.
Learn extra: Information to mountaineering Tjeldbergtind in Svolvaer, Lofoten
In moist or icy climate, these may be tremendous slippery and I’d suggest microspikes to make it simpler to stroll on the boardwalks.
After the primary part, you’ll flip left and stroll on the boardwalks that are angled barely uphill earlier than popping out to a gravel highway.
On the highway, head proper and comply with the rocky terrain uphill.
There are just a few locations right here the place you’ll have to make use of your arms to navigate up and over the rocks, however there’s no actual publicity.
Observe the indicators and traverse your method over extra boardwalks as you proceed your hike in direction of Kvalvika Seashore.
You’ll move an indication signposting you proper and in direction of the Kvalvika hytta: a cabin.
You may take this facet tour now in case you like.
It takes you uphill in direction of an attractive purple cabin that’s privately owned. You may’t go in however in case you’re mountaineering Ryten and Kvalvika seaside in late autumn/winter, likelihood is there’s nobody there so you may have somewhat peak on the cabin up shut.
In any other case, search for a signpost to the left simply previous the lake.
Right here there’s a lengthy collection of boardwalks taking you all the way in which downhill in direction of Kvalvika seaside.
Whenever you arrive on the seaside, benefit from the views, possibly take a dip within the water and, in case you’re tenting, arrange camp.
For those who solely deliberate to hike to Kvalvika seaside then head again the way in which you got here. For those who’re heading onwards, learn on for the Ryten hike.
Learn extra: Mountaineering Delp and Matmora Peak
From the lake the place you turned all the way down to Kvalvika, as a substitute of turning left, go straight on and proceed navigating the boardwalks.
Quickly you’ll start climbing once more alongside a well-defined path on the facet of Ryten.
There are not any extra boardwalks right here and the terrain is fairly simple to stroll on with no large boulders or scrambling.
Observe this path because it winds across the fringe of Ryten and provides you unbelievable views of Kvalvika seaside beneath.
You’ll come as much as the well-known Kvalvika/Ryten rock which many individuals sit on to get an Instagram-worthy picture.
You can even proceed uphill to the cairn and enormous rocks or to the true peak which is additional to your proper and stands at 543 m above sea stage.
Learn extra: Straightforward Lofoten hike – Kleppstadheia
From the height of Ryten, we determined to hold on and hike to the height of Middtagstinden.
Middtagstinden is barely decrease than Ryten and there’s a simple path and ridgeline to comply with to get there. If provides some totally different views over Fredvang and Yttersand.
Ryten and Kvalvika seaside mountaineering stats
For those who’re mountaineering to Kvalvika seaside then that is what to anticipate:
- Odległość: 6.8 km spherical journey
- Problem: Straightforward (some tougher sections close to the beginning the place that you must use your arms to recover from and up some boulders)
For these simply doing Ryten, that is the main points of the hike to Ryten (with out happening to the seaside):
- Odległość: 6.6km (spherical journey)
- Period: 2-4 godziny
- Wysokość: 529m
- Problem: Straightforward, simply the longer distance makes this on the tougher finish of simple.
Taking place to Kvalvika after which as much as Ryten and again provides you:
- Odległość: 9km
- Wysokość: 853 m gained
What to pack for mountaineering Ryten and Kvalvika, Lofoten
To, co należy spakować na tę wędrówkę, zależy od pory roku.
- Zapoznaj się z moją listą rzeczy do spakowania na jednodniową wycieczkę tutaj.
- Dla tych, którzy są wspinaczka górska w sezonie letnim trzeba spakować filtr przeciwsłoneczny, osłony przeciwsłonecznewarstwy, woda i spray na owady in addition to all the things within the 10 niezbędnych rzeczy do wspinaczki górskiej.
- Tutaj jest Co założyć na wspinaczkę górską w skwierczącym klimacie
- Take a look at this put up on the very best legginsy do wspinaczki górskiej lub Co założyć na wspinaczkę górską w sezonie letnim aby uzyskać dodatkowe szczegóły i moje sugestie dotyczące sprzętu.
- Dla tych, którzy są wspinaczka górska zimą po tym, jak zacznie padać śnieg, będziesz chciał mikrokolce on the very least. If there’s a variety of snow you’ll most likely want rakiety śnieżne.
- Musisz także zabrać ze sobą wiele warstw wraz z warstwa polarowa, a puchowa kurtka ocieplana oraz Wiatroszczelna i wodoodporna warstwa zewnętrzna. Kapelusze i rękawice są dodatkowo istotne oprócz dobry plecak to maintain all the things in.
- Musisz także spakować wodę i kilka przekąsek, aby utrzymać się w ruchu, ponieważ są one częścią 10 niezbędnych rzeczy do wspinaczki górskiej!
- Planujesz randkę w górach? Rzuć okiem na Co założyć na randkę w górach? niemniej jednak wyglądają fajnie.
Kvalvika seaside tenting
Kvalvika seaside is a fully stunning seaside and provides hike-in tenting inside Lofoddon Nationwide Park.
It’s an attractive place to camp however it may be tremendous busy in the summertime months. So, in case you’re picturing being on the seaside the place it’s simply your tent or possibly one other couple, that’s not going to be the case. It’ll nonetheless be stunning, however it’s not precisely remoted tenting anymore.
You additionally have to park your automotive on the trailhead for this hike to camp in Lofoten.
The local people, Fredvang, has turn into fairly strict about the place you may and may’t park and now there’s a giant automotive park house. They supply washrooms on the trailhead and ingesting water from a faucet.
You can even camp in a campervan on the parking zone.
The price of tenting right here ranges from 150 – 250 NOK. It’s essential to pay in money or by VIPPS to the particular person on the entrance or by leaving the cash in an envelope supplied.
Learn extra: The very best tenting in Lofoten
Are you able to hike Kvalvika seaside in winter?
Sure, you may hike to Kvalvika seaside in winter. Mountaineering from the choice trailhead given above might be the best.
You’ll positively need microspikes to keep away from slipping on the boardwalks and terrain too.
Learn extra: Finest issues to do in Lofoten in winter