Located merely 30 kilometers north of downtown Vancouver, Lions Bay Loop path offers hikers a strong and numerous wilderness experience. As one embarks on this scenic journey, they’re going to be captivated by breathtaking coastal landscapes, lush rainforests, and glowing waterfalls alongside the best way wherein. With its common stage of downside, this 9-kilometer path is acceptable for every expert trekkers and casual adventurers in search of a memorable outdoors getaway.
For many who’re trying to find a simple Vancouver hike with good views, the Lions Bay loop path may merely be the right hike for you!
This easy, family-friendly hike near Vancouver has minimal elevation, a waterfall view and views of Howe Sound too.
There are lots of picnic benches and places to stop and profit from the sights as you stroll by the woods, so take some snacks for the journey!
AllTrails jest moim ulubionym aplikacja alpinistyczna do wyszukiwania, planowania i nawigacji, gdy jestem na szlakach. Z mapami offline na AllTrails+ you may be assured you’re nonetheless on track, even with out mobile signal.
The Lions Bay Loop path
Lions Bay mountaineering trails are fairly a couple of nonetheless the most effective and most family accessible is the Lions Bay Loop path. This easy hike with pretty views and a waterfall makes an incredible sunset Vancouver hike and is correct for family hikes near Vancouver.
The fitting technique to get to the Lions Bay Loop trailhead
The Lions Bay Loop path begins reverse the Lions Bay Frequent Retailer. Please discover you cannot park on the traditional retailer’s car parking zone.
There’s some restricted parking alongside the freeway, or you can park further up the hill.
PLEASE pay attention to indicators referring to parking, fines in Lions Bay may be HUGE!
Attending to Lions Bay from Vancouver is simple, merely observe the Sea to Sky freeway north in route of Squamish and Whistler and can be found off at Lions Bay Avenue Exit.
Alternatively, you can take public transit from downtown Vancouver on the #250 or #257.
Dowiedz się wcześniej niż pójdziesz
- Parking in Lions Bay is tough and fines may be HUGE. See the place to park in Lions Bay right here.
- On a regular basis apply go away no trace ethics. Uncertain what these are? Więcej informacji tutaj.
- Carry spray na niedźwiedzie na wszystkich szlakach górskich BC. Uzyskaj dodatkowe zalecenia dotyczące bezpieczeństwa niedźwiedzi tutaj!
- Zastanawiasz się, co spakować na jednodniowe wycieczki po Vancouver? Proper right here’s a mountaineering packing guidelines!
- Odśwież swoją pamięć o bezpieczeństwie wspinaczki górskiej dzięki BC Journey Sensible.
- Don’t go away residence with out 10 wymagań. Mogą uratować ci życie!
The Lions Bay Loop path hike
The trailhead for the Lions Bay loop hike is just reverse the Lions Bay Frequent Retailer and Cafe. It’s a small slender path on the most effective on an infinite wall that separates the trail and the Sea to Sky freeway. Be certain you’ve checked all parking indicators in an effort to not get towed or fined!
The trail proper right here generally known as the Centennial Path and it goes alongside the wall and crosses Alberta Creek sooner than widening.
The trail then enters a forest with a slight climb mountaineering up from, nonetheless parallel to, the freeway. There’s some guests noise proper right here however it’s typically not too harmful.
Profit from the sounds and smells of the forest and take the left junctions to take pleasure in some seating areas with a view of Howe Sound. At one in all many latter junctions, Arbutus Stage, there’s a picnic desk and a sign determining the completely completely different islands and mountain ranges you may see from the spot.
From the precept path, you’ll attain a junction with the Harrison Path. For now, make a left flip to go down the picket staircase and a few switchbacks sooner than coming out of the forest at a freeway. From this degree, the views solely get increased!
Cross over the freeway and into the gravel house, bear correct and likewise you’ll see the trail proceed throughout the open above the freeway. Stroll all the best way wherein alongside this gravel path until you attain the freeway on the end: Crystal Falls Freeway.
I cherished the views of the water from proper right here, and there have been some flowers in bloom too as soon as we hiked this path in Lions Bay.
At this freeway, flip correct and stroll uphill until you attain some extent the place the freeway splits (like a ‘Y’ junction). The left fork goes all through a bridge with some views of Crystal Fall. Seek for a path in route of the right-hand fork with a small sign pointing to the Crystal Falls path.
This path takes you uphill nearer to the falls. The perfect viewpoint is on the left, merely sooner than you attain the water tower, the place there’s a small bench to learn from the falls from. It’s possible you’ll have to backtrack considerably bit to hunt out the right path for many who go earlier it like we did!
Rejoin the precept path and proceed uphill as a result of it bends to the most effective. You’ll shortly come out at a gravel clearing subsequent to a freeway.
From proper right here there are even additional views of Hower Sound (the right sunset-watching spot!) Proceed mountaineering on the left, up the outdated gravel logging freeway typically generally known as the Soundview Path.
This path goes uphill even further and reenters the woods. You’ll want to maintain a lookout for junctions on the right-hand facet and take the Harrison Path.
This takes you downhill and rejoins with the Centennial Path that you just simply started on.
Go left whilst you attain this and stroll once more by the forest, once more in route of the Frequent Retailer and cafe.
This Lions Bay map of climbing paths is helpful to get a top level view of the above.
Lions Bay Loop path statistics
Know the vital hike particulars for mountaineering the Lions Bay Loop:
- Lions Bay loop hike downside: Łatwy
- Odległość: 4.5km
- Wysokość: 175m
- Interwał: 2 godziny
What to pack for the Lions Bay Loop path
What to pack for this hike depends on what season you’re mountaineering in.
- Check out my day hike packing guidelines proper right here.
- For many who’re wspinaczka górska w sezonie letnim najlepiej spakować filtr przeciwsłoneczny, odcieniewarstwy, woda i spray na owady along with each factor throughout the 10 wymagań dotyczących wytycznych alpinistycznych.
- Właściwie tutaj jest Co założyć na wspinaczkę górską w upalną pogodę
- Check out this submit on probably the greatest legginsy do wspinaczki górskiej lub Co założyć na wspinaczkę górską w sezonie letnim aby uzyskać dodatkowe informacje i moje rekomendacje dotyczące sprzętu.
- For many who’re wspinaczka górska zimą po tym, jak zacznie padać śnieg, będziesz potrzebować mikrokolce on the very least. If there’s loads of snow you may perhaps need rakiety śnieżne.
- It’s essential to additionally take a great deal of layers along with a warstwa polarowa, a puchowa kurtka ocieplana oraz Wiatroszczelna i wodoodporna warstwa zewnętrzna. Kapelusze i rękawice are moreover necessary along with a dobry plecak to take care of each factor in.
- It’s essential to additionally pack water and some snacks too to take care of you going as they’re part of the 10 wymagań dla alpinistów!
- Planujesz randkę w górach? Sprawdź Co założyć na randkę w górach? nonetheless nonetheless look cool.
Additional Lions Bay hikes
Check out these completely different Lions Bay hikes with fantastic views all of which are accessible on public transit.
- The Lions
- Mt Harvey
- Tunnel Bluffs
- Mount Brunswick
Zamknięcie Zaktualizowano 9 marca 2023 r. przez Hannah
The Lions Bay Loop path in Vancouver offers a large ranging mountaineering experience with lovely views of the coastal mountains and Howe Sound. The trail is a troublesome 9-kilometer loop that takes roughly 4-5 hours to complete. Hikers can anticipate steep inclines and rocky terrain, making it applicable for educated and bodily match individuals. The trail is well-marked, nonetheless warning is required as some sections may be slippery. Basic, the Lions Bay Loop path offers a rewarding and exhilarating outdoors journey for these in search of a troublesome hike with magnificent views.