The Diez Vistas path, located in Vancouver, is a large ranging climbing route that provides an unforgettable outdoors journey. Spanning roughly 15 kilometers, this path takes hikers through a varied panorama of towering timber, tranquil lakes, and majestic mountain views. Named after the ten awe-inspiring viewpoints that dot its path, Diez Vistas ensures a really immersive experience in nature. Whether or not or not you’re an expert hiker in search of an issue or simply searching for to disconnect from the bustling metropolis life, Diez Vistas path ensures a rejuvenating escape.
The Diez Vistas path at Buntzen Lake is a popular Vancouver hike. Its full establish, Sendero Diez Vistas, means the path of ten views. There are 10 viewpoints alongside the trail with most of them looking over the Indian Arm within the course of Mt Seymour.
Though the elevation change on this hike isn’t large, don’t underestimate it as a result of the terrain is normally rooty and rocky meaning it’s not the only hike near Vancouver!
Once you’re searching for to hike the Diez Vistas path, proper right here’s each little factor you will need to know sooner than you go.
AllTrails es mi aplicación de escalada para encontrar, planificar y navegar mientras estoy en los caminos. Con mapas offline en AllTrails+ you could be assured you’re nonetheless on course, even with out cell signal.
The Diez Vistas Path, Buntzen Lake
This info consists of knowledge on the hike, what to anticipate and completely different Vancouver hikes you will need to try.
The precise strategy to get to the Diez Vistas trailhead
The Diez Vistas trailhead is at Buntzen Lake in Port Moody, about 30km from downtown Vancouver. Buntzen Lake will get terribly busy within the summertime months and on sunnier weekends yr spherical so go early if you plan to complete this hike.
You now should pay for parking at Belcarra Regional Park. In addition to, it’s widespread for the road and car parking zone to the lake to be closed to guests whereby case getting public transit to the trailhead is an excellent risk.
What to know sooner than going
- Best time to hike Diez Vistas: You could hike this path yr spherical though please pack microspikes when climbing late autumn – spring as there’s usually snow/ice on the trail.
- Be journey good: Remember to respect the terrain, environment, and completely different prospects if you’re having enjoyable with the paths. Observe the three Ts—journey planning, teaching, and taking the requirements. AdventureSmart is an excellent helpful useful resource that can provide help to get educated sooner than heading outdoors.
- Pack your 10 requirements
- Remember to go away no trace
- This path is canine nice (on leash)
- Take a look at AllTrails for a Diez Vistas path map.
The Diez Vista Path Hike Data
The Diez Vista hike begins from the far end of the precept Buntzen Lake car parking zone to the one you drove in on.
We hiked the trail clockwise, which begins from the southern end of the car parking zone. You can also hike this anti-clockwise if you start from the far end of the car parking zone.
To hike it anti-clockwise, adjust to the symptoms on the bottom of the carpark and begin strolling through the woods. You’ll rapidly come to a small bridge that crosses over a marshy areas on the southern end of the lake. Once you’ve crossed this bridge, the trail crosses a service avenue then bends spherical to the exact, through the forest and begins climbing.
You’ll come to a junction with Horseshoe Path nevertheless proceed straight to stay on the Diez Vistas path.
After quite a lot of kilometres, hike under the flexibility traces and proceed climbing.
When you attain the switchbacks you’re on the steepest part of the trail.
On the end of the switchbacks, you’re rewarded with a view of Sasaamat Lake and Belcarra Regional Park. If it’s a clear day you will need to even be succesful to see Vancouver and Burnaby inside the distance.
Not prolonged after is your second viewpoint which appears to be over Buntzen Lake.
Persevering with on, you’ll hike alongside a ridge with glimpses of the Indian Arm. Though there are a selection of viewpoints alongside this stretch, many are overgrown and it’s laborious to rely 10 viewpoints in complete on the Diez Vistas path! Maintain your eyes open to see what you’ll uncover.
The trail is well-marked and often busy. Lastly, you’ll head down a steep gravel half and see a path forking to the left.
At the moment you’ll begin heading once more inside the course you bought right here, crossing a suspension bridge on the north end of the lake.
This house is usually way more peaceful than the rest of Buntzen Lake so take pleasure in it!
The rest of the trail goes alongside the lakeshore as you head once more to the car parking zone having completed the Diez Vistas, Vancouver hike!
Buntzen Lake Diez Vistas path statistics
Know what you’re moving into when climbing the Diez Vistas path.
- Problema: Intermediate
- Distancia: 15km
- Elevación: 460m
- Interval: 3-5 hours
- Trailhead: Buntzen Lake elementary car parking zone
What to pack for the Diez Vistas path
What to pack for this hike depends on what season you’re climbing in.
- Strive my day hike packing itemizing proper right here.
- Once you’re climbing in summer time season you will need to pack sunscreen, sunglasses, layers, water and bug spray along with each little factor inside the 10 requirements for climbing itemizing.
- Proper right here is what to placed on climbing in scorching local weather
- Do that publish on among the finest leggings for climbing or what to placed on climbing in summer time season for additional particulars and my gear ideas.
- Once you’re climbing in winter after the snow has started falling you’ll need microspikes on the very least. If there’s various snow you may almost definitely need snowshoes.
- It’s essential to additionally take a great deal of layers along with a fleece layer, a puffy insulated jacket and a wind and waterproof outer layer. Hats and gloves are moreover compulsory along with a good backpack to take care of each little factor in.
- It’s essential to additionally pack water and some snacks too to take care of you going as they’re part of the 10 requirements for climbing!
- Planning a climbing date? Strive what to placed on on a climbing date nevertheless nonetheless look cool.
Additional hikes in Vancouver and shut by
- Best Vancouver hikes
- The proper fall hikes near Vancouver
- 8 best hikes in Squamish
- Best hikes to lakes near Vancouver
Remaining Updated on February 28, 2023 by Hannah
The Diez Vistas path in Vancouver is a large ranging climbing experience that provides beautiful views of the surrounding mountains and lake. It spans a distance of 15 kilometers and is known for its tough terrain, requiring hikers to be prepared with appropriate gear and well being diploma. The trail is well-maintained and marked, making navigation comparatively easy. Alongside one of the simplest ways, hikers can take pleasure in the great thing about the Pacific Northwest with its lush forests, varied wildlife, and picturesque landscapes. Normal, the Diez Vistas path is a must-visit trip spot for outdoor lovers trying to find a rewarding and memorable climbing journey in Vancouver.