Mt Gardner, positioned on Bowen Island in British Columbia, Canada, affords a picturesque and rewarding mountaineering experience for out of doors lovers. With its stunning panoramic views, numerous landscapes, and well-maintained trails, Mt Gardner has turn into a popular trip spot for hikers of all potential ranges. Whether or not or not you are searching for a leisurely stroll through lush forests or a tough ascent to the summit, Mt Gardner has one factor to provide all people. Lace up your boots and put together to find this pure gem.
In case you’ve ever wished to go mountaineering on Bowen Island to hike Mt Gardner proper right here’s all of the items it’s advisable know. This Vancouver mountaineering data will cowl learn the way to get to the trailhead (along with the Bowen Island ferry schedule), the place to stay and particulars on the Mt Gardner hike.
We hiked this inside the fall and had good views from the best of every the North Shore mountains that we’re used to mountaineering and exploring and The Sunshine Coast.
AllTrails jest moim ulubionym aplikacja alpinistyczna do wyszukiwania, planowania i nawigacji, gdy jestem na szlakach. Z mapami offline na AllTrails+ you might be assured you’re nonetheless on course, even with out cell signal. Pobierz AllTrails+ dla 50% z rabatem do 5 września 2023 roku!
Climbing on Bowen Island: Mt Gardner
Mt Gardner is probably going one of many biggest Bowen Island hikes and you could positively add it to your file of hikes near Vancouver!
There are a variety of hikes to do on Bowen Island, nonetheless the Mt Gardner hike is the tallest and likely the hardest too. In case you’re looking for further hikes on Bowen Island, check out my file of points to do on Bowen Island the place I give further particulars about Killarney Lake and learn the way to find the Bowen Island mastodon!
How one can get to the Mt Gardner trailhead
There are a variety of strategies to hike to the summit of Mt Gardner on Bowen Island. In case you’re merely visiting Bowen Island for sometime, then the very best technique to hike Mt Gardner is from the trailhead nearest to Killarney Lake. Doing it from this route means you presumably can hike straight from the ferry terminal to the trailhead and once more.
Nonetheless, do you have to’re already on Bowen Island then it is perhaps easier to begin out from one different trailhead counting on the place you’re staying.
Our favourite place to stay on Bowen Island is the Wildwood A-frame cabins.
Since they’re on the western facet of the island, we hiked the Mt Gardner SW path which is a bit shorter than the precept path to Mt Gardner.
Looking out for places to stay on Bowen Island and Bowen Island tenting?
What to know sooner than mountaineering on Bowen Island
- Bowen Island tenting: There’s NO tenting on Bowen Island (study further about tenting on Bowen Island proper right here). See this submit for the easiest Bowen Island lodging.
- Bowen Island ferry schedule: You presumably can see the Bowen ferry schedule right here.
- Biggest time to hike Mt Gardner: You presumably can hike this path yr spherical though please pack microspikes when mountaineering in winter as there is also snow/ice on the trail. Throughout the fall and spring this Bowen Island hike can get very muddy – be prepared!
- Be journey smart: Have in mind to respect the terrain, environment, and totally different clients when you find yourself having enjoyable with the paths. Observe the three Ts-Planowanie podróży, nauczanie i spełnianie wymagań AdventureSmart is an effective helpful useful resource that may provide help to get educated sooner than heading exterior
- Pack your 10 requirements& proper right here’s my day mountaineering packing file.
- Have in mind to go away no trace
- This path is canine nice
- You’ll be able to do that as a transit accessible hike near Vancouver too.
Mt Gardner mountaineering data
I’ve given particulars for the two fully totally different routes talked about above.
Mt Gardner from Cosy Cove/Killarney Lake
From the Bowen Island ferry terminal/Cosy Cowl, stroll up the precept avenue and swap correct on Cardena Freeway.
Shortly, you’ll see a sign for Crippen Regional Park, take this flip and go correct on the cross-roads until you attain Miller Freeway. Cross over the road proper right here and proceed alongside the trail for quarter-hour until you attain the highest, then make a correct flip in path of Killarney Lake.
At this stage you’ll find yourself in a meadow sooner than coming once more into the forest. Adjust to indicators to Killarney Lake after which take the left path when you attain a fork and shortly you’ll see the lake. Flip left on the lake, then correct immediately to watch the path alongside the shore of the lake.
Maintain a watch mounted out for a path to your left that walks uphill to a avenue. Everytime you attain the road, flip correct, you’ll have to walk alongside the road for spherical 5 minutes.
Take the first avenue in your left – Hikers Path Rod – and observe it uphill to the metallic gate which is the start of the trail to Mount Gardner.
Adjust to the Hikers Path uphill until you attain a junction with a sign to Mt Gardner summit (a left hand flip). Proceed on this path as a result of it climbs steadily after which reaches a quick rocky half the place there are ropes that may provide help to climb up.
Profit from the views up proper right here after which head once more down the way in which through which you bought right here.
Mt Gardner SW Path
There’s a small parking lot on the end of Laura Freeway the place you presumably can park with out spending a dime to hike Mt Gardner.
The trail from proper right here is well-signposted and pretty easy to watch.
To start out, head into the forest. Adjust to the indications, taking a correct, to begin with then left to stay on the SW Mt Gardner path. You’ll begin climbing uphill practically immediately.
A number of km in you’ll come to a lookout spot the place it’s possible you’ll get a view out to the ocean.
Retrace your steps to hitch the precept path as soon as extra, and proceed on the SW path until you attain a junction at which you’ll bear left.
As you stroll alongside there’s the selection to go to the true summit. The true summit doesn’t have any views, nonetheless do you have to’re a peak bagger then it is doable you may have to confirm it off anyway!
In case you’re not bothered, then observe the trail as a result of it heads downhill barely sooner than heading once more up for the last word climb.
As you attain the best of Mt Gardner you’ll see a few wires the place the radio web site facility is. You’re going to get good views every to the east and west and it makes a terrific lunch spot sooner than heading once more down the way in which through which you bought right here.
Mt Gardner stats
- Time: 2-4 godziny
- Odległość: 7.7km
- Wysokość: Spherical 530m
- Trailhead: Bowen Island SW path on Laura Freeway or Cosy Cove/Ferry Terminal
- Distance from Vancouver: 45 minutes
What to pack for mountaineering Mt Gardner
To, co należy spakować na tę wędrówkę, zależy od pory roku.
- Attempt my day hike packing file proper right here.
- W przypadku wspinaczka górska w sezonie letnim you could pack filtr przeciwsłoneczny, okulary przeciwsłonecznewarstwy, woda i spray na owady along with all of the items inside the 10 requirements for mountaineering file.
- Właściwie tutaj jest Co założyć na wspinaczkę górską w upalną pogodę
- Do that submit on the easiest legginsy do wspinaczki górskiej lub Co założyć na wspinaczkę górską w sezonie letnim for further particulars and my gear options.
- W przypadku wspinaczka górska zimą po tym, jak zacznie padać śnieg, będziesz potrzebować mikrokolce on the very least. If there’s quite a few snow you may more than likely need rakiety śnieżne.
- Dodatkowo musisz zabrać ze sobą wiele warstw wraz z warstwa polarowa, a puchowa kurtka ocieplana oraz Wiatroszczelna i wodoodporna warstwa zewnętrzna. Kapelusze i rękawice są ponadto poszukiwane wraz z dobry plecak to keep up all of the items in.
- Dodatkowo musisz spakować wodę i kilka przekąsek, aby utrzymać się na trasie, ponieważ są one częścią 10 wymagań dla alpinistów!
- Planujesz randkę w górach? Próba Co założyć na randkę w górach? nonetheless nonetheless look cool.
Totally different hikes near Vancouver
Zamknięcie Zaktualizowano 28 lutego 2023 przez Hannah
Mt Gardner on Bowen Island affords an exhilarating mountaineering experience with breathtaking views of Howe Sound and the surrounding mountains. With a well-marked path and ranging ranges of downside, hikers can choose the issue that matches them biggest. The summit rewards hikers with panoramic views and a method of accomplishment. Common, Mt Gardner is a must-visit trip spot for out of doors lovers searching for a memorable mountaineering journey.