Located in West Vancouver, Whyte Lake Path presents a serene escape from the bustling metropolis lifetime of Vancouver. This picturesque path is nestled amidst towering timber and opulent greenery, foremost visitors on a scenic journey by means of the mesmerizing Pacific Northwest panorama. Glorious for nature followers and hikers of all capability ranges, Whyte Lake Path provides an invigorating exterior experience solely a stone’s throw away from downtown Vancouver. Lace up your mountaineering boots, seize your digicam, and embark on a captivating journey by means of this hidden gem of the Lower Mainland.
Whyte Lake is a straightforward Vancouver hike that takes you via the forest to a relatively secluded lake. As a result of the forest shelters you for nearly the entire approach wherein, it’s an unbelievable alternative for moist day mountaineering in Vancouver, along with a pleasing spot when the photo voltaic comes out!
It’s a good hike for people who don’t hike often or for households looking out for hikes with children near Vancouver. It’s moreover one in every of many best transit nice hikes near Vancouver.
AllTrails es mi mountaineering app para encontrar, planificar y navegar mientras estoy en los caminos. Con mapas offline en AllTrails+ryou could possibly be assured you’re nonetheless not off course, even with out mobile signal.
AllTrails+ is 50% off till August 8, 2023 Click on right here to avoid wasting 50%
Whyte Lake West Vancouver
Whyte Lake could possibly be accessed from a lot of trailheads nevertheless the very best Whyte Lake trailhead may be from the gravel parking area merely off Westport Freeway.
Though the hike itself isn’t typically too busy, this Whyte Lake path car parking zone can replenish, so plan to succeed in early, or afterward throughout the afternoon. From proper right here, you adjust to the gravel path and it takes you beneath freeway 1 (the Del mar al cielo).
The trail begins to climb at this degree, nevertheless the climb is transient. The path bends to the left and you want to spot a water tower. Protect a be careful to your correct as there’s a sign pointing you extra into the woods that’ll you’ll must adjust to!
At this degree, you’ll be part of the Trans Canada Path, a path that crosses the complete of Canada! There are sections of it in downtown Vancouver too though this half is arguably additional picturesque.
Benefit from strolling by means of the second-growth forest and admire the height of the timber. In about 20 minutes you’ll attain one different sign pointing you to the left. Take this path as a result of it goes down a short hill.
Persevering with on, you’ll come to a wooden bridge which you want to cross over., then a second. Proper right here you’ll see a sign directing you to the right and to Whyte Lake itself. In a lot of fast minutes, you’ll attain the lake and a wooden boardwalk area.
To return from Whyte Lake park, merely adjust to the path you took once more to the car parking zone and your vehicle.
How one can get to Whyte Lake
The Whyte Lake trailhead is near Freeway #1 in West Vancouver, merely east of Horseshoe Bay. From Vancouver, take the Lions Gate bridge to the North Shore and exit to West Vancouver and be part of Freeway 1 in course of West Vancouver.
Take exit #4 Woodgreen Drive to Caufield, flip left onto Woodgreen Drive and go straight on the all-way stop to Westport Freeway. Drive beneath the freeway, flip correct proper right into a gravel parking area. The trail begins from the metal gate.
Whyte Lake Hike Stats
- Elevación: 160 m
- Distancia: 5 km
- Size: 1-3 hours
- Concern: Fácil
Completely different trails near Whyte Lake Vancouver
There are a variety of various hikes which may be accessed from the Whyte Lake path head. To get to West Knob after which Eagle Bluffs up on Cypress Resort, you merely proceed alongside the Whyte Lake Path earlier the lake and all through the wooden boardwalks to a junction.
Go left and barely downhill to affix up with the Baden Powell Path. Go correct on the Baden Powell path and adjust to it uphill. The trail to West Knob and Eagle Bluffs is pretty steep and prolonged so must be reserved for educated hikers. In case you do must do Eagle Bluffs, it’s lots easier to go from the Cypress Mountain car parking zone.
Important points to search out out about Belcarra Bluffs
- Canines are allowed on leash.
- Always observe go away no trace ethics.
- Whereas Whyte Lake swimming is possible, it didn’t look probably the greatest as soon as I visited.
- Take bear spray, you’re mountaineering in bear nation! And be mindful your bear safety concepts.
- Be journey wise: Consider to respect the terrain, environment, and completely different prospects when you’re having enjoyable with the paths. Observe the three Ts—journey planning, teaching, and taking the requirements AdventureSmart is an efficient helpful useful resource that can show you how to get educated sooner than heading exterior.
What to pack for this Vancouver hike?
What to pack for this hike is set by what season you’re mountaineering in.
- Attempt my day hike packing guidelines proper right here.
- In case you’re mountaineering in summer season you want to pack sunscreen, shades, layers, water and bug spray along with all of the issues throughout the 10 requirements for mountaineering guidelines.
- Proper right here is what to placed on mountaineering in scorching local weather
- Do that publish on probably the greatest leggings for mountaineering or what to placed on mountaineering in summer season for additional particulars and my gear recommendations.
- In case you’re mountaineering in winter after the snow has started falling you’ll need microspikes on the very least. If there could also be an entire lot of snow you will perhaps need snowshoes.
- You will need to additionally take a great deal of layers along with a fleece layer, a puffy insulated jacket and a wind and waterproof outer layer. Hats and gloves are moreover compulsory along with a good backpack to keep up all of the issues in.
- You will need to additionally pack water and some snacks too to keep up you going as they’re part of the 10 requirements for mountaineering!
- Planning a mountaineering date? Attempt what to placed on on a mountaineering date nevertheless nonetheless look cool.
Closing Updated on February 28, 2023 by Hannah
Whyte Lake Path in Vancouver is a picturesque mountaineering path that gives a serene escape from the bustling metropolis life. With its pretty forested setting, peaceful lake, and numerous wildlife, it is a popular trip spot for hikers and nature followers. The trail is well-maintained, making it accessible to hikers of all capability ranges. It is a must-visit for these in search of a tranquil exterior experience throughout the Vancouver area.